What are General Outpatient Programs for Addiction Treatment?
In the final stage of treatment, a patient might move and graduate from our Intensive Outpatient Program to our General Outpatient Program (OP). The “step-down” process begun in IOP now moves to treatment of 3 to 5 hours per week. This is the third and final stage in Oakvine’s 3-Stage treatment program.
For OP, the patient has stayed sober for an extended time and shown the ability to begin leading a functional life again. Much of the treatment in OP focuses on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and relationships, strengthening coping and relapse-prevention skills, and keeping the proper motivation to stay sober. OP prepares you for life after treatment. At the highest level, a General Outpatient Program means that you’ll live in your home or in a sober living home and continue to come to our facility for treatment.
Who is a General Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Treatment Program for?
A General Outpatient Program is for those who have advanced in their substance abuse recovery at our IOP rehab. We tailor our treatments to each patient, so we will determine the best course of action on a personal level, but a General Outpatient Program might be the right option if you meet the following criteria:
- Your addiction is considered less severe
- Related to the previous point, you have low risk of relapse
- You have a strong, committed support network of family and/or friends
- Reliable transportation to ensure you don’t have any gaps between meetings
- Self-motivation to continue attending therapy sessions
- You are transitioning from a successful stint in an Intensive Outpatient Program
The Benefits of Outpatient Care for Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Each program carries its own benefits and Oakvine Recovery Center works closely with each patient to determine their stage of recovery, what treatments they have already undergone, and which program fits best. If we believe a General Outpatient Program is the best option for you, you can expect benefits such as:
- Time with family and friends. Support networks are a huge part of all programs and General Outpatient allows you to spend the majority of your time with the people you care about.
- Flexible treatment schedule. You’ll only need to attend meetings once or twice per week for 1-2 hours per meeting, so you can set a schedule for before or after work.
- Ability to work full-time. We recognize that not everyone can simply enter treatment at the expense of earning a living. For others, you may have already missed some time at work due to substance abuse issues or treatments. A General Outpatient Program allows you to continue working.
- Independent living. As you near the end of your substance abuse treatment, you’ll need to be ready to resume an independent life. A General Outpatient Program prepares you by leaving the majority of your time to dedicate to life outside of therapy.
Our General Outpatient Program Services
Our services span the wide range of drug and alcohol addictions. We offer both 12-Step and Non 12-Step evidence-based programs. During a General Outpatient Program with Oakvine, you can expect:
- Respect for the program. We ask that you understand that all patients in General Outpatient treatment will attend their scheduled meetings on time as well as stay sober throughout the program.
- Co-occurring treatment. If you suffer from dual diagnosis—a substance abuse problem along with a mental health condition—we are prepared to offer the relevant therapies and staff to help you recover.
- Behavioral therapy. We take a cognitive behavioral approach to help you identify the potential triggers for a relapse along with the strategies and coping mechanisms to prevent that from happening.
- Family therapy. Whether it’s a spouse, children, or extended family, we believe in counseling sessions with your family to identify any problems that may have arisen due to the patient’s substance abuse and address them in an honest, healing way.
- Social skill development. Since a General Outpatient Program is the final step toward independent living, we focus on continued development of social skills that will enable you to thrive at work, with friends, and in other social situations.
Call our Leading Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Austin
Oakvine Recovery Center works tirelessly for your sobriety as we continuously work to be regarded as one of most cutting-edge and best outpatient drug rehabs Austin offers. Call to discuss our General Outpatient Program. All calls are confidential. We’ll take the time to understand your unique situation and the context of your addiction to determine the best course of action for your sobriety.
Reach out confidentially to our admission specialists at (877) 255-6890 to get started!